Thursday, October 22, 2009

Why my site both does and does not suck...

so here's the site http://webpages.scu.edu/ftp/RMurillo/

I fear that it sucks because of the fact that there are many pictures, but not many links connected to them , and also they are just basic pictures, not "high quality web graphics." Also, the site's text is oddly arranged and usually appears in a huge block that is not appealing to a reader. Obviously, my site does not make me look like a professional because i know that i am no where near being a professional.

However, i do believe that my site is able to get to the point, and that the pictures that i do use are supplemental to what i'm writing about. ITs also quick to load (unfortunately because of its simplicity.) I also believe that a quick scan of my pages will be able to communicate it's purpose.

6 comments:

  1. IDEAS FOR REVISING WEBSITE:

    -author and date on every page
    -navigation bars-top and bottom
    -group pages together

    -people don't like to read from the screens...but from a print out
    -like to browse and find things by accident
    -flipping and scanning

    -back button is 3rd most used feature (use more hypertext)
    -F-shaped pattern
    -cut to the chase

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really was intrigued by your colors and fonts. You might want to make it more clear on your homepage of your analytical hypertext what exactly you are talking about. If you can alligning your sidebar to the top will make it easier to view each page. I liked how you used different types of medias and techniques for your site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your first page does a good job at explaining your point, however i would really like it if you defined a concise thesis or outlining statement.

    you have also done a very good job at making a uniform navigation system, it allows the user to focus in on the info, rather than struggling to find the next place to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I surprisingly enough like your website. The fonts are cool, the pictures are relevant and funny, and the text seems easy to read. A couple of the pages don't have anything to cut into the reading though, which makes them a little tedious. Also, I'd recommend making your link to your main home page at the bottom of the page, and then a link to the home page of just this hypertext at the top. It was confusing that "A little extra" linked me to the main page of this hypertext, while "home" linked me to your main page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I opened the webpage, I was surprised by the amount of different fonts that popped out at me. I bet you had fun choosing fonts and stuff. :)

    The pictures are cool, and the navigation is mostly consistent. I like it. The fonts are a little bit distracting, and kind of don't fit with your topic. But that's just me and I'm feeling a little OCD.

    The text is easy to read and easy to understand. I like your use of different medias like all the funny pictures and and videos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like to topic and multimedia. the color could get changed up a little, and definetly focus on predictability

    ReplyDelete