Thursday, October 22, 2009

websites that suck

After looking at the article, i believe my website has both positive and negative aspects about it. I do not think my website sucks because all of my links work and there is not any unnecessary additions to my site, it is clear and shows what I am talking about, my site does not seem unsafe or has any pop up windows, and finally my site can quickely load. My site is not perfect either. I have to scroll down to see the whole page, some of the font is in different places, and my video that I put in does not work in all computers.

this is the link to my site:
http://webpages.scu.edu/ftp/lgrove/resign%20splashpages.htm

from looking at the articles of Jerz, Liu, and Nielsen, I have come up with the following ideas to improve my website:
1) use consistant navigation bars on each page
2) put navigation bars on the top and bottom of each pages
3) make the site easy to skim read so show the ideas of the page
4) make the sites interesting looking so you keep readers attention
5) make the site appealing to read
6) dont make the pages text heavy, and if you do make the text like an F

5 comments:

  1. -colors are coordinated and look nice together
    -good/related pictures
    -easy to read text
    -easy to navigate

    -video does not work
    -need to capitalize titles

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Good:
    1. The keywords are easily identifiable and the website is easy to navigate.
    2. The images are well chosen (like the rollover)
    3. The writing is interesting and there is clear personal connection
    Things To Improve On:
    1. The background is clear, but maybe having a variety of colors and patterns would make the site more interesting.
    2. The video doesnt work :(
    3. Make capitalization consistent with titles. GOOD JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like...
    1)your rollover images
    2)that the navigation bar colors change when you click on them.
    I dislike...
    1)the "helping yourself" page has text next to the picture.
    2)the "friendly faces" picture/video doesn't work

    ReplyDelete
  4. lindsay.
    i like your site. its good so far and very well informative.
    but unlike katie im gunna give u a little more then 4 things. psh. lame
    i really liked the pictures u had and the text color, they worked well together. the grades page is really good its short and simple.
    there are a few things i would say u need to work on. on the first page there are like a billion links...yea a bit overwhelming.
    also, one of the pictures on the site doesnt load, i think on the second page.
    on the classmates page the title is WAY to big. like me. i know. im huge. i get that a lot. also, on the reasons page, try to remove the picture from being so close. like mix it up maybe place 1 somewhere on the left and the other on the right.
    But overall its good. i like it.

    Andew

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your site is really well organized and I like how the links are specific to their web pages.
    My suggestions would be to change the font maybe to add more design to the webpage and to have a link to your main index with your other hypertext.
    Good job!

    ReplyDelete