Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I QUIT

Dear Timidity,
For 18 years you have been holding me back and I am sick of it. I have had so many missed opportunities because of you. Because of you I am scared to try new things, I am scared to meet new people, and I am scared to death in front of large groups. I have missed too many opportunities and I am finally stopping this. I want to be able to meet more people. I want to be able to try new things!! When I meet new people you make me clam up. You make me silent, and you make me scared. You make it impossible for me to go out of my comfort zone and I hate that I am unable to overcome you. So screw you!!
After I quit you my life will be so much easier. I will be able to stand up in front of a class without shaking. I will be able to meet new people and actually talk to them instead of clamming up and appearing mute and incapable of social conversations. I will be able to willingly expose myself to new environments and learn new things. I wouldn’t be timid anymore!! I cannot believe I have waited this long I have waited from leaving you behind and moving forward with my life. I am finally getting rid of you and I am so happy!! I have never seen myself as someone who could be bold and ready and do what I want to do, and now I can!! I am leaving you behind because you are worthless to me. You bring me down and I am ready to get back up and move forward with my life. I am ready to leave you behind and never turn back. I will never miss you or feel badly about right now. I am quitting you because this is something I have wanted to do my whole entire life.
Why I haven’t done this before is a mystery to me, because just knowing I am never going to be worrying and nervous and shaky and reluctant is so nice!! I am free from your suffocating control over me! I am a new person now!! I am ready to go out into the world and try new things, experience things that scare me because I can. Your only goal was to hold me back, and you accomplished that for 18 years. I am not letting you do that to me anymore. You are not allowed back into my life because I hate you. I don’t hate a lot of things, but I hate you more than anything!! You are the scum of the earth hurting. You hurt peoples’ lives without care, but you are not in my life anymore. I am free from your control. I am not yours anymore. I can breathe again and I can live. You are nothing to me anymore, just a bad memory that I am going to forget. Goodbye forever.
Lindsay Grove

2 comments:

  1. First off, I think this is a very good issue that a lot of people deal with and it shows a lot about you. For your 5 groups, I would advise using your parents, your friends, the friends/opportunities you turned down due to being shy, other family members, and your school life. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The main issue in a bigger sense seems to be letting go of insecurities. I would suggest your “like me” group be people with insecurities, unfortunately the other side is not a person so that can not be a group. How about trying, how it affects your friends, family, class mates (maybe group project or working with other student), teachers (maybe you don’t get full participation points because you are too nervous to talk in class), employers, or teammates. Hope this is helpful!
    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete