Tuesday, October 13, 2009

SAT classes suck

I propose to create my analytical hypertext about taking SAT classes and the negative aspects of it to the student. SAT classes made my life miserable for a few years, and I know they probably make other high school kid's lives miserable as well. On top of dealing with friends and family, we are forced into class that not only wastes valuable homework/friend time, but also has no effect on lives as a whole or much improvement in SAT scores.

My five points of views are going to be: the student taking SAT classes, parents of the student, SAT class teachers, college admission officers, and friends of the student. My own standpoint is that SAT classes are pointless, and a waste of time, because after taking 2 years of SAT classes, I improved my score by 100points, compared to the 200 I improved a few months after quitting the class and before taking the real test.

Parents only want the best for the child, if they are willing to pay thousands to send them off into SAT classes. They want the kid to go to an Ivy league school if possible, and are told by the SAT class teachers that SAT scores are the most important aspect that colleges like to consider. They invest a lot of money and time into something that only has minimal results most of the time.

SAT class teachers, as much as they want to think that they are helping out the student and thus making themselves feel good, in reality most of the time only want to gain a few extra bucks to put into their pockets. Many are only in the market to gain money by persuading parents the importance of SAT scores, when in reality community service and academic G.P.A are more important than high standardized testing numbers.

I want to write about this because I have had negative first hand experience in this topic, and I know many others in my generation feel the same way. The pressure and little change in scores are not worth the time and tears and effort we were forced to put into these classes. And I am glad I quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment