Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Allison's Redesign Response

I decided to create a website about Bernese Mountain Dogs because I’ve been missing my dogs so much. Now that I made the website, I really wanna buy another Bernese puppy! After learning how to use Dream Weaver in class I completely redesigned my website. I tried to make the website appealing so people would want to read it. Therefore, every page is a difference color and layout so the pages don’t look repetitive. I got ideas of different color schemes from http://www.beautiful2.com/. When I made each page I didn’t want the viewer to be overwhelmed. So I tried to make them as simplistic as possible. I was drawn to the creative ideas of http://www.designbombs.com/. These websites were very appealing because they were creative, yet simple and didn’t overwhelm me as a viewer. Because my pages are split up by topic about raising a Bernese, I tried to theme each page to that topic. For instance, the Communciation page has a picture of a puppy that is attentive and trying to listen. Similarly, the Chewing page has a picture of a puppy chewing on a stick outside. I didn’t want all the pages just to be pictures with a background color. Instead I tried to vary it up. That’s why the Exercise page has the background of a puppy hiding in grass ready to pounce. I got the idea of just having a background page from the article, “10 Unusual Places to get Design Inspiration.” (http://sixrevisions.com/resources/10-unusual-places-to-get-design-inspiration/) The picture on the Exercise page was not ‘just a dog,’ but a ‘dog in perspective.’ Most of the pages on the website are very symmetrical. I tried to make everything even up because I think it looks the most professional and crisp that way. I didn’t notice that until I saw the page http://foliofocus.com/pod1/. This website had two pictures side by side and writing above it. I tried to focus my Communication Page off of it. I put two pictures on either end and sandwiched it with writing. Overall I found the websites very helpful and they gave me many ideas on how to design my website. Once I become more advance, I’m hoping to take more things from them and make my websites even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment