Monday, October 12, 2009

topic summary

For my English website, I am writing about people with insecurities vs. people with self-confidence. I am someone who has had very little confidence for my whole life and it has greatly affected opportunities in my life. My two subgroups are: people with insecurities and self-confident people. For my other groups that came after people with insecurities I have missed opportunities, and shy classmates. I chose three other groups that came off of the confident people group, and those were friends, teachers, and parents. For the groups coming off of people with insecurities, I am going to talk about how if ones classmates are also shy and the problems people have with meeting others. If everyone in a class is shy and nervous the class won’t interact as much and you will not make as many friends. Another group I have coming off of that is missed opportunities. I know that for me, I have chosen not to expose myself to certain environments that are not in my comfort zone and that has not helped me meet as many people and experience necessary opportunities. For the groups in the category of self-confident people I and going to write about teachers who don’t understand shy students because they are not shy themselves. This can be difficult for someone shyer because the class could be scary to them if they have to talk a lot. Also, if you have outgoing parents who push you to try new things you aren’t comfortable with that could cause someone to either be shyer or it could make you learn to come out of your shell. Finally, if you have outgoing friends that would have the same effect if not more because they may influence you more. This is what my project is going to cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment