Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My revision page

First of all, here is my completed website: Parent's Guide to Paintball

Now, here are my revision decisions (hey, that kind of rhymes). My first choice for a project was to make an Idiot's Guide to Paintball. However, Professor Marc felt that there were probably already too many of those out there, and so we talked and decided to focus it solely on why parents should let their kids get involved with paintball. I've been playing for four years, so it was pretty easy to write on any subject involving paintball. Onto the website. First I followed Josh’s example and downloaded the trial version of Dreamweaver onto my laptop. It made it easier to work on since I could just do it in my room, and one of the guys on my floor is really experienced in Dreamweaver so he could answer any questions I had. Now, onto my actual design choices. It's pretty simple, one because I'm not the most tech savvy person out there and I wanted to keep it easy for me to edit and change, but two because my target audience (parents) also tend to not be too tech savvy themselves. Therefore, a simple website seemed like a good idea, so that there was no chance for them to get lost in it, and I hopefully made it easy to find everything they wanted. I didn’t get into any of the more advanced features of Dreamweaver like embedding videos or anything, because I felt that my website didn’t need it. It is a strictly informational website, and so most of what is on there is information. Granted, a lot of the information is my opinion, but I feel that my opinion carries some weight on this subject simply because I’ve been playing for so long. My font decisions and color decisions were really just based off what I thought was cool and what was easy to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment