Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Caitlin's revisions

My revisions have been two fold for this site, the first being to the written portion and the second being the technical aspects. This site was created in just over two weeks time and is in no way complete and comprehensive but a beginning and a foundation.
The revision of my writing was not done as much or as completely as I would have liked due to limited time, however it turned out satisfactorily. The text was rough drafted, critiqued by my professor and a peer and then revised. After the final revision it was edited for grammatical clarity and published. I did a minor amount of research for the information but most if it was knowledge I have accumulated from experience as both a camper and a staff member at a summer camp. If this where a longer project I would have liked to research each of the topics and had additional information to offer.
Most of my time for this site was spent on the technical side because I was not previously familiar with Dream Weaver. The main variations I have made where based on basic aesthetics. I originally had a mono-colored background but after viewing other camp based web pages, I found a livelier and more appropriate background. I spent a good amount of time experimenting with and trying out different color schemes and believe it all pulled together quite nicely. I played with different fonts and decided that in order to have a functioning site it is better to use a basic font.

No comments:

Post a Comment