Thursday, October 22, 2009

Talbot Clarke's Website

Here is the link to my analytical hypertext. It is a work in progress.

My Website Sucks Because:
- It doesn't make me look like a credible professional
- I have too many blank spaces

My Website Doesn't Suck Because:
- it takes less than 4 seconds for a man on mars to see what my website is about

Notes from reading Jerz, Lue, and Neilsen
- people immediately look at content area not the rest
- i want to create an overall site navigation bar that is consistent on all pages
- computer reading is short, keyword spotting, not in depth reading
- people will not actually read it, but skim and read the things that catch their eye
- headlines need to include key words
- bold/change color or words that you want readers to read

From reading these the main thing i need to focus on doing in revising my website is the way that I write. I write in a very essay-like manner with sophisticated words and overall flow. However, for this website I need to try to write in a more short way that simply gets to the point rather than eloquently describing the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment