Thursday, October 22, 2009

Does My Website Suck?

How it sucks...
In order to access my new site you have to go through my original hypertext
My site does not fill the who page horizontally
Text might be too blocky and have too many words in sections

What I'm proud of...
I have consistent navigation and I feel like my website is relatively easy to navigate
Links take you away from certain pages but you're able to get back when necessary
Consistent layout and coloring

Here are six ideas I came across in my readings that made me think about how I may revise my website...








http://webpages.scu.edu/ftp/Levans/analyticalhypertext.iresign.htm

5 comments:

  1. i like the layout, but the navigation system makes my brain hurt. you have the right idea going with images linking to pages, but try to make one uniform navigation bar that is featured in the same place on every single page. it is just very distracting and confusing.

    i think that you very well describe your position using the video on the homepage, but i think that it should be pushed to the side or below the text. Other than that you articulate very well your feelings of the subject, i would not make any changes to the text.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Likes:
    -Cool images and catchy layout
    -The actual content is very good and well organized

    Things to improve on:
    -The fact that there isn't really a main nav bar kind of was confusing and the image links were cool but not very user friendly because they need to be more organized

    ReplyDelete
  3. Overall, I like it. I like the font and the color scheme works well. Some of the pictures are unnecessarily large though, they make it so you have to scroll down a little to click the bottom links (I'm really only talking about the "stealing" page). Navigation is easy, I like that the bar changes so you can always click all the other links (that's how I did my first website's nav-bar). It would be nice if you could make identical on each page though, instead of where its height changes on each page. But as I said, overall it's pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also need to have a link to the homepage on all pages! got lost!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is one of each page. Unless your talking about a link to her main homepage, which is just her first hypertext, so it wouldn't really be helpful.

    ReplyDelete