Thursday, October 8, 2009

just stop

I Freaking Quit!!
I’m tired of the odd hours of the day having to hear my phone ringing and thinking it is someone important. Having to get out of bed when I’m still half asleep. When I eventually pick the phone up it is just you, a telemarketer. Ever since I have gotten my phone I have been plagued with you following me. Is it my number? The city if live in? Whatever I do, or wherever I end up going I receive a call from you. I ask myself where do you get my number, do you just randomly call random numbers and hope someone on the other line picks up. Yes, it may be your job to go around calling people, but what really pisses me off is when it’s a machine. These telemarketers cannot even do the calling on their own. They have to use a machine to do it for them, to save “money” and probably their own time. They call and call and at times for the same thing, if I did not answer the first time why are you calling me back. Even when you answer the phone and listen to what they say, and at the end you tell them a big NO, they still don’t understand. The call over and over as if you never said no. Its as if they get the number of the person who said no and put it in a special list where you must call those numbers over and over just to annoy them. Having to look at your phone and then get puzzled at who it may be, with a random area code that you do not recognize. Then when you answer the phone there is a pause as if no one is there. This pause that seems to last forever, and once you feel like hanging up someone begins to talk, but no its not an actual person talking to you, it’s a machine that’s already got what they need to say programmed into them. What really pisses me off about telemarketers is when they call you and they ask you about insurance or guarantee on something you have no clue what it is or you do not even own one for yourself. There are times when I receive calls from a telemarketer saying that my “guarantee of my car is about to expire.” What? First off I do not have a car of my own, it’s under my parents name, and why would you be calling me, a 17 year old about the guarantee of my car. I could care less about that, and they make it seem as if you need to buy it now with them or else something might happen to you. Why can’t they seriously just stop calling random people and do research on who they are calling. They are seriously so annoying and I am tired of having to listen to them, I freaken quit answering you telemarketers.
Sincerely
Annoyed Human Being

1 comment:

  1. People Affected: Obviously you, the telemarketers calling, any other members in your family who also have to deal with the disruption, the telemarketer company who have hired these individuals to call homes, and maybe even the computer voice recording person who has taken over and is the artificial replacement of actual human beings.

    Conflict: Telemarketers, who are also fellow workers merely in a different work force, disturb the peace and interrupting family time at home with useless phone calls. There is no longer any personal connection, their phone calls are automated and impersonal with no research done with respects to the households that are being phoned.

    The telemarketers are being told by their employers to make these phone calls with as much efficency as possible regardless of how disruptive their call may be to specific individuals or even households.

    ReplyDelete