Tuesday, October 6, 2009

300 words

In terms of tweaking and adjusting my site, most of the upgrades I made were aesthetic and not much of the actual content was altered. The things that I did pick up on from some of the design inspiration websites were mainly layout improvements. I had a pretty difficult time doing a lot of the things I wanted to do and I think many of the utilities and layout schemes on the sites that I look up to in terms of their designs aren’t quite within my knowledge yet. So I settled with what I could do and what I thought looked cool yet also pretty simple. I found one background for the site that has a nice layout for a website. It’s got a square dark area in the center of its design so that it’s a good template for placing the content onto. The dark imagery really seemed to work with my topic as well. The issues I had were that I wanted to put something like a banner image at the top but I was having lots of placement issues with Dreamweaver as I still haven’t gotten near learning all the tricks to it. The background helped me organize all of my material on the dark area while making it look neat and interesting. The next thing I did was find as many images as I could on my topic. Because I don’t have the special camera that somehow hooks up to your xbox and takes screenshots, I found images online that helped portray some of the areas I was talking about as well as give the reader visualization on some of the more hard to imagine locations and items. I found several helpful maps of the area that are nicely marked up and tie into my writing perfectly so I placed those two in accordingly. The last real difficulty I had was text positioning as far as making an outline within the Dreamweaver page since I had all of my writing in outline form in Microsoft Word so that it would be easily read but it was condensed with weird symbols when I put it through TextEdit and into the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment