Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My Redesign

link: http://webpages.scu.edu/ftp/jdrimmer/redesign%20disc.html

Having been my first time designing a website, I had many revisions to make after my first draft. After becoming familiar with the Dreamweaver program, it became easier to arrange the pages in the way that I had envisioned them, and choose the colors and fonts that I wanted. The first thing that I did was go to several different websites looking for font and background ideas. The first site that I went to is called grsites.com. I looked at many different background choices with a variety of different styles and colors. Since my subject is more informational, I had a lot of trouble finding something that would be appropriate. In the end, I decided that a plain color background would be the most fitting for the type of website that I was trying to create. Next I thought about fonts. On the same site, I found thousands of different fonts to choose from. Many of the fonts were too simple, too complex, or too animated. I eventually found something that was bold and interesting, but plain enough for my website. With regards to the layout of my site, I got ideas from 20 Websites with Beautiful Typography and 25 Excellent Typography Tools. On both of these I was drawn to the pages with the navigation bar across the top of the page, so I decided to move mine to the top as well. The two sites called 10 Unusual Places to Get Design Inspiration and 20 Fresh and New Design Galleries were helpful to me in figuring out the extent of complexity my website was going to be. I really liked the more simple websites with dark backgrounds and lighter text color, which is how I decided on a black background with white text. I also really like the way colorful pictures appear on the darker background. All of the websites gave me insight to new ideas that I would not have otherwise considered especially since this was the first website I have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment