Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Website Defiantly Sucks (right now)

Here is a link to my website. It is a work in progress and I can guarantee it will eventually not suck.
Reasons for sucking: (we were limited to three)

1. There are pages with too little and too much information
2. Some images/videos do not show up
3. Information is not all there.

Reasons for not sucking:
1. There are informative links within the website
2. Navigation is easy
3. Content is broken down into logical categories

Here are some ideas I found that I will use to make my website more effective...these ideas were taken from Jerz, Liu, and Nielson
1. group pages with similar/same information together using internal links/page breakers
2. individual pages should be able to stand alone
3. employ keyword spotting as a strategy to locate/stress important/needed information
4. break up paragraphs into shorter more succinct sentences
5. recognize people only spend about 4.4 seconds on each page
6. recognize that visitors only read half the info

No comments:

Post a Comment