Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What I learned about Machinima

The main thing that I learned from all of this is that scripts seem like a TON of work. It takes a great deal of planning and a lot of attention to detail. Quite frankly, I don't think I have the mind nor the creativity to write scripts and reading the Little Miss Sunshine script was daunting. Having seen the movie, I didn't realize just how much work goes into creating a script. The Machinima movies that I watched basically all had some sexual aspect in them, and I feel as though this is because they were, for the most part, created in Second Life, which, from what I can gather, is essentially a place for losers that have no lives to go and get their satisfaction in some sort of creepy perverted virtual sick way. One idea I hope to explore in my machinima is to re-create my remix piece that I had done earlier, in which Marcus ends up with Van instead of Ange. Another idea i have is to replicate the story of Little Brother but put it in a Medieval setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment