Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Secondary Literature Research Topic

For my research into secondary literature topic, I am going to analyze Cory Doctorow’s interpretation of authority. Specifically, I am going to question whether or not Doctorow himself supports a more authoritarian society in which the government has practically full totalitarian power or a more anarchist society in which a government system is not present. Obviously, in the book, Doctorow sets a plot in which the government of San Francisco establishes martial law in order to catch the terrorists. The protagonist, Marcus, makes it his mission to defy the government and fight for the rights that he believes all citizens deserve. For my hypertext, I am going to examine whether or not Doctorow portrays Marcus’s actions as a positive or negative thing and therefore determine his political view on the role of government in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment