Thursday, April 29, 2010

notes on machinima and script

After watching more machinimas I am a little more interested in the concept. I watched some second life generated machinima and some by other programs. What bothers me the most about the second life ones is how unnaturally the avatars move and how most of the time the avatars mouth does not move when they talk. It seems like you have to have a highly advanced relationship with second life in order to produce a quality film. Watching them on my own I was able to find ones that were a little more interesting to me and I think that makes the idea of machinima a little more tolerable. The more master of the program the better the films turned out.

The scrip also has a large influence on the quality of the machinima. The scrip’s in which the characters change and develop are more interesting and better developed just like in other literary genres. A well written script plans out very move ahead of time and the author knows exactly what they want to end product to look like.

It was particularly enlightening to read scripts to movies I am familiar with. When you watch a movie you enjoy the dialog but taking the time to read it make it more and an active activity. When reading a script you can really see how much effort went into it. Each character of a quality script is fully developed almost as if they are a real person. Every character is distinct and unique. The more work that goes into a script really pays off in the final outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment