Thursday, April 29, 2010

Script Idea

I started off the day with this idea and it sucked. I had a vegue idea of the theme I wanted to focus on and now I have a much more solid understanding of where I want the story to go. With the help of my fellow students I was able to narrow my idea into a story about Darryll and what he was going through while the events of Little Brother were happening. Initially Darryll is scared but hopeful that he will be released. As time wears on he realizes that he may never be free again. Multiple flashes of thoughts are shown: what he thinks Marcus is doing now, how he thinks his dad is doing, Van. He becomes more and more resentful toward Marcus for doing this to him. He hears news about Xnet and wonders if Marcus even remembers he exists. One day some time later his cell door is opened and he discovers that Marcus has overthrown the DHS. He is torn between the deep hatred that has grown for Marcus and his grateful feelings for his release. This tension leaves him speechless combined with his extremely weak physical state.

No comments:

Post a Comment