Thursday, April 29, 2010

Screenplay Writing

I started off with this idea earlier today and it sucked. Now, I have solidified my theme and characters and really like it. I decided more on who my characters were going to be, what was going to be the conflict for these characters, how they would deal with these conflicts, and how they screenplay would eventually end. At the beginning of the period, I wanted to use the idea of over-surveillance and the invasion of an individual's privacy, but I didn't know how to get this idea across to my viewers. Now, I have two basic protagonist characters. The first, is a husband who accidentally falls on a lady at a public place and his wife catches him and thinks she is cheating. After, his wife goes to extreme measures to know what is going on with her husband and puts her on a tracking device. He gets so angry that he leaves her. The other character, a teenage girl gets caught holding a cigartette by her parents and they are horrified because they think she is smoking. However, she was really just picking the cigarette off the ground to throw in the trash. Her parents don't believe her and make her start homeschool where they can watch her every actions. The teenager ends up running away because she can't deal with being watched constantly. Later, both the wife of the husband and the parent of the teenager find out that the protagonists were telling the truth. However, it is too late. I think this would be an appropriate time to go back to the protagonists who both meet in a public place and tell their stories to each other. I want them to talk about how the extreme surveillance got to be too much for them and now they are much happier. I think it may be funny for them to actually fall for each other because they have so much in common because of their past events, but this may detract from the theme of other people prying into other's lives. I think this idea is creative, and will be fun to try and create. I hope to add a lot of comedic aspects to it, if this is possible. I think it won't be as successful if I tried to portray it in a serious, more dramatic way. I feel much more confident about my idea now that I have taken more time to think about it and write it out in detail and hope I can master it.

No comments:

Post a Comment