Thursday, April 29, 2010

Pitch

I came to class today with a jumble of random ideas that didn't really have a figure, just a fuzzy shadow. I didn't really like ANY of them, I realized, when we were watching the how-to-screenwrite videos in class. So I came up with a new one on the spot, and I am falling in love with it (or at least I really like it).

Basically, my story will try to justify why severe haircut lady is the way she is. I don't believe that anyone is born truly evil, yet in Little Brother that's what she seemed to be. I want to focus on her background story, and how she got to the point where she was when she met Markus.

It's going to start with her interrogating Markus, with the water drowning treatment and etc. And after that a huge chunk of the movie will be flashbacks of her life in the past, that help to show her in a different light, so that we could understand her a little more. I'm thinking that maybe her whole family died in a terrorist attack, or some kind of murder involving not enough security. She was a very kind person, involved in a lot of community service activities, but after she found out her family died, she was BROKEN FOREVER and CRIPPLED from sadness. So some concerned friends got her a PSYCHIASTRIST who urged her to get herself together. She goes back to work, with a HEART OF ICE.

Eventually she ends up in the DHS, and gets raised to a pretty high position because of how DEDICATED she was to her job and how successful she was in getting info. out of her prisoners.

Anyways, in the end something happens (I still need to figure this out), and she realizes how horrible she's been to others, and her ICY HEART melts (I dunno maybe one of the characters in Little Brother reminds her of her dead kid). And then she WEEPS, sorry for all her wrongdoings, and either apologizes and spends the rest of her life doing good (moves to Africa to help educate the children, gives paychecks to homeless shelters) OR she jumps off a building.

Yes, this is a tragedy.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment