Thursday, April 15, 2010

Topic Proposal

For my research assignment I want to focus on the idea of self-determination and leadership. One question concerning this topic includes: How influential can a single person be in changing a cause? As support and evidence I would use the correlation of Little Brother and Cesar Chavez. Marcus goes to Cesar Chavez High School which is a symbol of self-determination and leadership. Cesar Chavez used his passion for rights to get the entire nation to boycott grapes. Although it took an entire nation to change the cause, Cesar Chavez started it all with his sovereignty. Marcus spreads word about the secret Xnet by creating copied discs and handing them out. He is determined to make a difference. Although it takes most of the youth population, Marcus sort of leads the pack. He demonstrates self-determination and leadership in many other ways, which I would mention in my research project.

No comments:

Post a Comment