Thursday, April 15, 2010

Brandon Rebboah's Topic Proposal

For my topic, I propose to analyze and critique Corey Doctorow’s use of science fiction literature as a political commentary on the present. Specifically, I would like to answer the question, “In what ways is Science Fiction literature a tool to comment on political issues in the post-WWII era?” I submit this as my research question because I believe that Doctorow blatantly answers this question in detail in Little Brother. Current literature suggests that Science Fiction is one of the most effective genres to critically analyze political and social issues. I have already found literature to support findings on how Little Brother effectively uses Science Fiction literature to raise political questions about contemporary society. Furthermore, what I find especially interesting is what I believe Doctorow adds to the question, “In what ways is Science Fiction literature a tool to comment on political issues in the post-WWII era?”. I believe what Doctorow effectively adds to the question Is successfully integrating different sub-genres of Science Fiction literature into one text. In short synopsis, Doctorow blends apocalyptic science fiction, dystopia science fiction, and cyberpunk science fiction to create a completely new way to look at political questions in contemporary society.

No comments:

Post a Comment