Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Websites I like

Kelly Quist - World of Warcraft

I like her site because, like her, I like world of warcraft...just a little bit more secretly. I think it's cool that she discusses gender roles online and in MMORPGs and I respect her for doing her site on the topic because it is a very interesting topic but also one that I feel like not a lot of girls would choose. It's very original and an interesting read and she makes it fun. The navigation on the site needs a bit of improvement because I found myself getting lost and searching for very specific links hidden within bodies of text that could not otherwise be accessed.

Mark Wong - The Model Minority Myth

A very impressive website. Good design with lots of links pages and writing. I felt like there were tons of links embedded in the text to click on that would take me to different pages that I hadn't seen before. It had good navigation and consistent layout which was pleasant. He used a wide variety of images that were both effective and complemented the site well. The content was personal and very interesting - a topic I was not very familiar with before reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment