Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Responses

1) What is the nature of the scholarly problem or debate to which my project is addressing itself?
My project addresses the low skilled jobs within the manufacturing industry, how increases in technology has shrunk the availability of low skilled jobs. Also how unionized labor makes it very difficult to compete with countries and other firms with lower labor costs.
2) What is the unique contribution that my project makes to that particular problem or debate?
My research and use of multiple sources have given me different perspectives as well as a clear sense of what is happening to low skilled work in factories in the United States. My hypertext examines how unionization in the manufacturing industry is competing with the rest of the world. My debate suggest tariffs and asking to free health care and pensions from the private sector so firms don’t have as much pressure.

3) **What are the conceptual tools that I am employing in my analysis that I have drawn from class reading?

4) How successful have I been at evoking the lived experience of people doing this work?
I have found many articles that include first hand accounts of the experiences of union workers of auto plants. T

No comments:

Post a Comment