Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Critical Thinking

Critical thinking is "a process which stresses an attitude of suspended judgment, incorporates logical inquiry and problem solving, and leads to an evaluative decision or action."
NCTE Committee on Critical Thinking and the Language Arts.
Whenever I write, I will make an attempt to formulate a logical argument that comes across in an easily digestible manner. I feel that this method of writing will get across my point the best way, while still being able to utilise my natural skills and talents that I have with problem solving.
“Critical thinking is deciding rationally what to or what not to believe."
Norris, Stephen P. "Synthesis of Research on Critical Thinking. Educational Leadership, v 42 n 8 May 1985. 40-45.
Through my research hypertext, I try to get the reader to go through the process of critical thinking. By trying to evoke this, I am attempting to get the reader to follow a process of logical reasoning to bring them to a point where they have made a decision based on the facts that I have presented them. I do present opinions of mine in my hypertext, however I leave it up to the reader completely to make a decision whether or not they agree with me.
Critical thinking is the development of cohesive and logical reasoning patterns. Stahl and Stahl, 1991.
I try to stay consistent in my writing and design. All of my pages that I have written are have the same look and feel, with the same navigation bar and document header on every single page. The writing is also very easy to read whilst jumping from page to page, because it has recognisable repetitive methods of writing. The best example of this would be in my today and tomorrow sections. I have split up the choices into sections that are the same in both the today and tomorrow sections, therefore allowing the reader to understand my point better.

No comments:

Post a Comment