Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Critical Thinking quotes and 4 websites

Critical thinking is careful and deliberate determination of whether to accept, reject, or suspend judgment.
Moore and Parker, 1994.
This quote definitely relates to what I've learned about composing hypertext, especially the second analytical hypertext, because that quote was all your own personal opinion on a subject, namely what you were resigning from. My experience in writing that hypertext was that I was much more introspective on the topic after I had written it and really thought about the issue. I was pretty dead set on what my judgement was at the beginning of the website, but by the end, simply through my own analysis of the issue (the issue I had in the second website) my judgement and thinking hadn't necessarily switched, but I had done enough picking of my own brain that I had a lot more backup to what my judgement was in the first place. However, I also was much better at seeing the other side of the issue.
Critical thinking is "reasonably and reflectively deciding what to believe or do."
Ennis (1985)
This quote, like the first one, relates to my second hypertext in that it involves deciding what to believe about a certain topic, and my second topic is the topic where I really became introspective and improved on my beliefs by critically analyzing my own decisions and my own beliefs.

http://webpages.scu.edu/ftp/BRebboah/Low%20wages%20and%20sports.html
I like this low wage hypertext because of the layout and the way he presents the issue. He also does a good job of making sure his research is put to use in his website, citing it multiple times.

http://webpages.scu.edu/ftp/jronen/LowWageHome.htm
I really like Josh's low wage hypertext website because it is one of the most clear to peruse. It is also a really cool, original topic to do, and it connects to us in a very real way.

http://webpages.scu.edu/ftp/bdonaldson/teachingsplash.html
I like Bryan Donaldson's hypertext about teaching because he did a very good job of using all the sources he had at his disposal. I also like the layout because it is very simple.

http://webpages.scu.edu/ftp/kmarume/sexual%20exploitation%20splash.html
I like Katrina Marume's website of sexual exploitation of women in media because it is a very interesting topic, one that it took some courage to do because it is a major dividing issue between people. I also really like the layout because it is simple but gets the point across well.

No comments:

Post a Comment