Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Critical Thinking

1) "It is used to describe thinking that is purposeful, reasoned and goal directed - the kind of thinking involved in solving problems, formulating inferences, calculating likelihoods, and making decisions when the thinker is using skills that are thoughtful and effective for the particular context and type of thinking task."
I choose this quote since it reflects the fact that our websites had a clear purpose as well as making decisions. In my hypertext in particular, the purpose to talk about teenage retail workers and I made many decisions during this process including writing as well as graphic techniques.

2)"The purpose of critical thinking is, therefore, to achieve understanding, evaluate view points, and solve problems."
This quote is especially important since it talks about evalutaing view points. For all the hypertexts, we used many peoples point of views to see the debate from multiple view points. In my last one, I used the view point of the worker as well as the point of veiws of the society and customers.

3)"critical thinking is concerned with reason, intellectual honesty, and open-mindedness, as opposed too emotionalism, intellectual laziness, and closed-mindedness."
I think this statment strongly correspondes to the interview process in which I went through during my last hypertext. It was important for me to remain open minded since a few of the people I talked to had very different circumstances.

4)"the examination and testing of suggested solutions to see whether they will work."
Lastly, I think this quote decribes my hypertext since it look a lot of thinking and trial and error to decide what my hypertext was about as well as what my review of the literature would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment