Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Review of Peer Websites

http://webpages.scu.edu/ftp/MAdair/waitress.htm
One of my favorite Research Hypertext's was Michael Adair's. Not only did he have a very unique and advanced desing, but he displayed the controversy of his topic very well. His website clearly demonstrates the struggles of being a single-mom worker and the numerous psychological problems that come along with it. He also did a great job in providing other aspects of this low-wage lifestlye, such as the role that fathers may play. Overall, I think his website is a very strong example of the difficulties of low-wage work.
http://webpages.scu.edu/ftp/lgrove/homepage%20for%203rd%20hypertext.html
Another one of my favorite Research Hypertext's was Lindsay Grove's. I thought her design was very neat and it was easy to navigate through her site. Her presentation of the material is straight forward and one can get through the website with ease. Her website isn't overly fancy and clustered, which I believe is very important to hypertext design.
http://webpages.scu.edu/ftp/bdonaldson/beerhypersplash.html
Bryan Donaldson's website on "Beer as Slow Food" definitely caught my eye while I was navigating through the websites of the other classes. This topic is very unique and it is interesting to read (especially for college students). He has a very clean design and the colors and pictures he decided to use relate clearly to his topics. He also provides some very significant facts (presented in both percentages and pie charts), which shows that he spent a great amount of time researching this topic and presenting it in a fun way to his readers.
http://webpages.scu.edu/ftp/JHinds/track.htm
The last website I really enjoyed reading was Track and Field Website by Jennifer Hinds. I really liked how she used pictures for her various links. Also, the website was very personal and she related every page to herself and her own experience as a track athlete. Even though I think her website could be improved with a navigation system, I liked how the font was larger and easy to read and how the pictures truly conveyed what she was discussing in the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment