Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Critical Thinking

1) “Critical thinking is the formation of logical inferences.
Simon and Kapplan, 1989.”

I believe my writing for hypertext has been changed because having the writing dispersed over many pages makes me have to make inferences that are logical and easier to follow from page to page because the information isn’t condensed into a paragraph about an argument, but I have to infer about writing that is on different pages.

2)“cohesive and logical reasoning patterns.”

Stahl and Stahl, 1991.

“logical inferences”

Simon and Kapplan, 1989.

While I think my writing before was “cohesive and logical” I believe that I’ve found a new way of making my writing cohesive. Instead of making my writing cohesive and flow from idea to idea the hypertext pages do that for me. I’ve learned to that I can make my arguments and have them flow between pages(hypertext) rather than spending so much time finding a way to connect one thought to another

3) "the art of thinking about your thinking while you are thinking in order to make your thinking better: more clear, more accurate, or more defensible."
Paul, Binker, Adamson, and Martin (1989)

I think that hypertext has helped my me look at both sides of the argument and help me find places where others could critique my argument; and combat those arguments with other data. I feel that the hypertext has made it easier for me to see to look and find those places where my argument could be critiqued?

No comments:

Post a Comment