Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Critical thingking (ccutting)

1)Critical thinking is the formation of logical inferences. -Simon and Kapplan, 1989.

In this project I had to collect information and make something more out of it. The conclusions I came to could not be unsupported but had to be logical to the information provided for me.

2)Critical thinking is "the examination and testing of suggested solutions to see whether they will work." -Lindzey, Hall, and Thompson, 1978.

For the debate in my issue and the personal solution I proposed I had to look at the current differing ideas of how this problem can be solved and decide what I think will work and not work. This is something I do not often have to do, this project allowed me to practice these skills.

3)“Critical thinking is sometimes called directed thinking because it focuses on a desired outcome." -Halpern, Diane F. Thought and Knowledge: An Introduction to Critical Thinking. 1996.

I was forced to aim for something in my writing which is something I struggle with. Writing ideas and exploring information takes little effort but coming to something new is a lot harder and something I could continue to practice and learn from.

No comments:

Post a Comment