Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Critical Thinking Questions

“Critical thinking is the use of those cognitive skills or strategies that increase the probability of a desirable outcome. It is used to describe thinking that is purposeful, reasoned and goal directed…”

When writing for hypertext, I was very aware of my audience. Each hypertext has a major point that I was trying to get across and it was important for me to focus my thinking and writing so that the message was clear. Each page had a specific topic or idea so the writing had to be very focused in order to get the “desirable outcome.”

“Since all three areas involve the asking of questions, we can say that critical thinking is the questioning or inquiry we engage in when we seek to understand, evaluate, or resolve."

Each of my hypertexts addresses a different topic or issue in society. Because of this my research dealt with many questions or debates on the topics. Creating different pages for different views or responses to questions helped me see many sides of the argument and different types of answers. This process helped me understand the information better and be more able to evaluate the information to create my own solutions.

“Critical thinking is ‘the art of thinking about your thinking while you are thinking in order to make your thinking better: more clear, more accurate, or more defensible.’”

During the writing and thinking process for creating hypertext I had to focus on keeping my topic and discussion focused. I was continually rethinking my writing and modifying my work to make sure it was clear and precise. Continually reinventing and getting new research for my writing also helped me to make it stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment