Wednesday, May 12, 2010

screenplay

I'm putting this on the blog just in case my e-mail to you (marc) didn't get to you..

Scene one

INT. SUV
The DHS has located M1k3y because of the post he made on the XNet. They know he’s in Los Angeles and have come to get him. Severe Haircut Lady is in the Black SUV along with other DHS employees.


SEVERE HAIRCUT LADY

Oh Marcus, you thought you could hide from us. You silly, silly boy... We’ve got you now.. (CACKLES)

scene two

INT. MARCUS’S APARTMENT- NIGHT
Marcus is sleeping. Severe hair cut lady and her associates bust into Marcus's apartment and capture Marcus.

SEVERE HAIRCUT LADY

Hi Marcus...or do you prefer being called M1k3y? hmm? yes we got you now. I knew you were trouble from the start. It will be a looong looong time until you ever see the light of day again young man... (CACKLES AGAIN)

They take Marcus away.

scene three

INT. JAIL CELL- Marcus is laying on the floor of a small cell. He looks weak and tired. His clothes are dirty, and he’s crying. A guard walks by. Marcus starts yelling in despair.

MARCUS

YOU CAN’T DO THIS! THIS ISN’T FAIR! (Sobbing) YOU’VE TAKEN MY LIFE FROM ME. I’M JUST A KID!! (Still sobbing)


Marcus keeps on crying and curls into a ball holding himself while he cries.

scene four

EXT. CEMETERY
Marcus is dead.. The camera shoots a cemetery..

Marcus (v.o)

My name used to be Marcus Yallow--

But the Department of Homeland Security ended my life. (Pause) They thought I was a terrorist, so I fought back. But even though I'm not around anymore, my fight isn't over yet.


I will get my revenge on the DHS, and I won't let them get away with this. My life wasn't the only life they ruined.


They say when you die with a grudge, a curse is born... Well I won't stop until justice is served...

Cut to title

scene five

INT. INTERROGATION ROOM AT TREASURE ISLAND
Severe Haircut Lady and Major General Sutherland are interrogating Darryl still about Marcus. He doesn't know anything, so they are rough with him.

SEVERE HAIRCUT LADY

Darryl, this could go a lot smoother if you would just cooperate with us. We know you've been involved with Marcus so tell us what you know...Why did Marcus make the XNet? Who is he working for?

Darryl

I don't know what you're talking about. I don't know what the XNet is! PLEASE! Just let me go, I swear I am innocent. Just let me gooo!

(Darryl starts crying)

major general sutherland

Oh suck it up boy. We know you know something. Just tell us which terrorist Marcus Yallow has been working for and this will be a lot easier for you..

Darryl

Marcus isn't working for a terrorist! I don't know what you're talking about!!

Major General Sutherland grabs Darryl and pushes his face into a bucket of water. Then all of a sudden the lights go on and off, on and off. The General stops. Severe Haircut Lady and the General look at eachother and get worried.

SEVERE HAIRCUT LADY

LOCK HIM BACK UP!

Darryl is taken away

scene six

INT. OFFICE- DAY
Severe Haircut Lady and Major General Sutherland are talking about Marcus, and what has been going on.

SEVERE HAIRCUT LADY

I'm gettig worried General. Pretty soon people might find out what really happened to Marcus. We can't let anyone find out, or for sure we'll be shut down.

MAJOR GENERAL SUTHERLAND

I know, I know. But now ones going to find out (Stern voice). Not even his stupid friend Darryl knows he's gone. This is between you and me.

SEVERE HAIRCUT LADY

But we can't hid it forever. The news has been all over the DHS recently with all the glitches with the video surveillance...
General...I think it's him. (pause) It's Marcus. I think he's back..

MAJOR GENERAL SUTHERLAND

HAHAHA now don't go all crazy on me, that's impossible. There are no such things as spirits (Laughs again)

SEVERE HAIRCUT LADY

But I feel like i'm being watched...All the time. It's like everywhere I go I feel someone's there, just watching my every move.

MAJOR GENERAL SUTHERLAND

HAH, that's just all the video surveillance, but don't worry, the government isn't watching us, they're just watching the people

Major General Sutherland exits the room.

scene seven

INT. SEVERE HAIRCUT LADY'S HOME-NIGHT
Severe haircut lady and her husband are talking in the living room.

Husband

Is something wrong? You've been quieter then usual. Something happen at work?

SEVERE HAIRCUT LADY

Huh? oh..no..nothings wrong. Just a lot has been going on. Top secret though, i'm sorry honey I can't tell you. (Sighs)

scene eight

INT. SEVERE HAIRCUT LADY'S OFFICE
Severe haircut lady enters her office the next day, and sitting on her desk is a picture of Marcus and a note that says "I know what you have done."

SEVERE HAIRCUT LADY

(SCREAMS) OH MY GOD..

She looks at the picture of Marcus on her desk and reads the note outloud.

SEVERe HairCUT Lady

"I know what you have done."

She has a scared look on her face, but rips up the paper, mubmbling..

severe Hiarcut Lady

(In a fast voice)

You're just being paranoid, you're just being paranoid. This is a joke. He's not back, this isn't real. (SIGHS)

She then sits on the computer to do work, but has a blank stare on her face.

SCene nine

INT. INTERROGATION ROOM-
Severe haircut lady and Major General Sutherland are interrogating Darryl again. After threatening Darryl with his life, Marcus's voice comes on the loud speaker.

MAJOR GENERAL SUTHERLAND

OK SON, you have ONE last chance to tell us what you know. We aren't joking around. It's serious now. Everyday we get new information about possible terrorist attacks, and the information you are witholding form us is putting our efforts in jeopardy. so tell us WHO WAS MARCUS WORKING FOR?

DARRYL

Who 'was' he working for? (scared look on his face) What do you mean was, like past tense? Where's marcus!?

MAJOR GENERAL SUTHERLAND

uhh...I meant 'Who IS Marcus working for."

Darryl

Is Marcus dead!?

MAJOR GENERAL SUTHERLAND

SHUT UP KID!

Pulls out a gun and puts it to Darryl's head

MAJOR GENERAL SUTHERLAND

Now listen to me kid. I'm going to count down to five, and if you don't tell me who Marcus has been working for in five seconds, then I'm gonnd blow your brains out. YOU HEAR ME!? (Shouting)


All of a sudden there is a crackle on the loudspeaker and a voice comes on.

MARCUS

STOP. RIGHT. NOW.


The lights flicker off and on again.

MARCUS

You know who I am. You ruined my life. You killed me. You took everything away from me! I'm not going to let you do it anymore, not to Darryl, and not to anyone else.


Severe Haircut Lady looks like she's about to pass out. Major General Sutherland looks dumfounded.

MARCUS

Don't look so stupid. You know who I am, its M1k3y. Your favorite little 'suspcted terrorist.' Well if you don't stop, i'm really gonna terrorize YOU.


All of a sudden Major General Sutherland is foating off the ground spinning around the room. Sever Haircut lady tries to make a run for it but Marcus's spirit lifts her off the ground too. They scream.

MARCUS

You both have ruined a lot of lives. Hurt a lot of people. All because you think you're helping national security by incirminating innocent people. And I won't leave until you stop. I have a few requests, and if you don't abide..well..then I guess you'll find out what I have instore for the both of you..

SEVERE HAIRCUT LADY

Just tell us what you want! And put us down! Please! We'll listen, we promise! Just put us down.


Marcus's spirit sets them back on the ground

MARCUS

First, I want you to shut down Treausre Island. For good. Let all of the prisoners go.


Second, I want you to make a public announcement. A public apology, and tell everyone what has been going on at Treasure Island.


And thirdly, in your public apology, I want you to tell my story to the people. I want them to know how you ruined my life. How you suspected me, a seventeen year old boy, to be involved with the terrorist attack under no hard evidence, and ended my life.


I'm asking you to change. To stop and to realize how much DAMAGE you and the DHS have done. IS THAT CLEAR?

Severe Haircut Lady and Major General Sutherland nod their heads yes.

ONE DAY LATER

SCENE NINE

EXT. DOWNTOWN SAN FRANCISCO- DAY
Severe Haircut Lady is giving her public apology, and Major General Sutherland is standing by her side. This is televised.

SEVERE HAIRCUT LADY

To the people of San Francisco, my name is Kathy Lorr, and I work for the Deparment of Homeland Security. I'm here today to apologize to the citizens of the Bay Area for the hurt and harm we may have caused you, and to tell you about a boy named Marcus Yallow.


After the Bay Bridge Bombings a few months ago, we detained a 17-year old boy, Marcus. Eventually we let him go, but we kept our eye on him. He the created this thing called the XNet, a program used through the XBOX to fight back against the DHS. But we eventually caught Marcus, as a fugitive, who ran away leaving his life behind, all because we unrighteously accused him of being a terrorist. Unfortunately though, Marcus died in our custody.


We are admitting this to you today, to try to show you how truely sorry we are for the way we have been treating innocent individuals in this city recently. It's with Marcus's story that we can use this incident, and recent incidents, to grow from the situation and keep this from happening again.


We realize that our recent actions regarding national security have invaded many of your privacy rights, and invaded into your life. We, and the Deparment of Homeland Security are giving you our deepest apologies and promise to work on the situation to keep this city safe while not invading your constitutional rights as citizens.
Thank You.

Severe Haircut Lady and Major General Sutherland step away, and a voice over of Marcus comes on as we watch them walk away and cut to a sun setting. MUSIC.

MARCUS (V.O)

My name used to be Marcus Yallow, and even though I may be gone, my story will live on. It's important to remember to not let people take away your rights, and to fight. I fought, and ended up dead, but I made a big change. I helped a lot of people. Hopefully, my story will keep the next Marcus Yallow from ending up in my shoes--or grave.


CUT TO CREDITS



No comments:

Post a Comment