Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Screen Play

My final screenplay is on my website. The link is titled SCREENPLAY! ( on the right hand side of the screen).

There are a few points to my screenplay. The first point, one that I really like is to critique and reverse the perspective of Little Brother. In my opinion, Little Brother creates a dystopia by simply SAYING the government is wrong. While I don't ask others to believe my view, I think that my screenplay attempts to do a couple of things. 1) I shows the way in which accusation is simply forced on somebody. In Little Brother it is the government that is blamed, in my screenplay it is Trudy Doo. 2) I really liked examining an alternate ending where Marcus wasn't just the victim of "government oppression" but of a single person. Again without preaching my view, I think Doctorow manipulates the reader into thinking the government is BAD without giving justification. So, my strong commentary is to simply throw Trudy Doo in the role of the government. With little explanation, Trudy Doo is Bad. I believe that my screenplay explores something that nobody else's does, and that it would be a good choice to greenlight it because it critically looks at an aspect I think many of us overlooked when reading the novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment