Tuesday, May 11, 2010

lindsays screenplay

this is my screenplay. it is called forces of evil and it is very similar to the novel Little Brother it just has a different ending. i did not like the ending and how the severe hair cut lady was able to get away with what she did, so i changed it so she did not get away. this is my screenplay:

Screenplay- Forces of Evil

Act 1

FADE IN:

EXT. SAN FRANCISCO- LATE MORNING

Establishing shot: the golden gate bridge is in the foreground, it is a clear day.

Featured: Marcus- 17 years old tall and gangly, with baggy dark clothing. Darryl- 17 years old, broad and tall, jeans and a polo, Van- 17 years old short and skinny with black hair and glasses, slumped shoulders, they are walking down the street of San Francisco toward the golden gate bridge.

MARCUS

Thanks for comin’ with me guys. You rock. So let’s find this clue, this games freakin’ awesome. Darryl you got anything yet?

DARRYL (looking at phone)

I’m tryin’ man. We better not get caught. My dad’l kill me. Oh I think I got something. Let’s go this way, closer to the water.

MARCUS

YEAH! I knew you could do it. That’s why I keep you around. Haa just kidding.

VAN

So why do you keep me around? You aren’t letting me do anything! I skip school for you!

MARCUS

Haha come on relax you know you come. So where-

Reveal: The shot zooms back from the three friends and there is a huge explosion on the golden gate bridge in front of them. They are knocked to their feet and the city falls into a panic.

MARCUS

What the hell just happened?! Are you ok?? What’s going on??

Reveal: Groaning and screaming is heard in the background as they get to their feet.

VAN

We need to get the hell out of here RUN!!

Featured: The three run through the streets running into herds of people running away in a panic. They are pushed and shoved and eventually get separated from each other. Screaming is heard as the camera follows Marcus

MARCUS

VAN!!! DARRYL!!! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?! VAAN!! DARYLL?? Get the hell out of my way watch where you are going!! Help!!

Featured: Marcus is being pushed and shoved all over the streets as the numbers of people running in the streets grow higher. Screaming is louder and louder and Marcus yells at others while he desperately tries to find his friends. He is in a panic and all of a sudden gets free of the massive herd and is on the outskirts with the stragglers who are scared to death. Marcus gets pushed to the ground. Screaming is heard and Marcus is heard grunting and yelling.

Reveal: Scene fades along with the sound of yelling. End Scene.

ACT 2

FADE IN

Featured: Marcus is limp against the wall of a truck. Marcus is the only one in the zoomed shot. The shot then pans out to reveal the whole truck and all of the people in it that are prisoner that are limp and have bags over their heads, just like Marcus.

Reveal: the scene is viewed from Marcus’s perspective. Groaning is heard in the background.

MARCUS (vo)

Where the hell am I who did this to me?? I don’t remember anything. Omygod. Darryl, Van! I don’t remember what happened to them. God my head hurts. Who are these people??

Reveal: screen gets blurry, representing a flashback.

Featured: there is a zoom in on the explosion of the bridge.

Reveal: back to current time, showing marcus in the car again.

MARCUS (vo)

This has to be a dream. I’m in a car? What is going on…

Featured: the screen is viewed through Marcus’s perspective again. He looks around the truck as a pan shot. Hear Marcus groan in pain, and his eyes blink shut twice, and then the screen goes black. END SCENE.

ACT 3

Establishing shot: Marcus is seen standing holding the bars of a prison cell door watching as huge security guards are dragging other prisoners like him out of their cells.

Featured: Two security guards come up to marcus’s cell, punch his fingers holding onto the cell door, open the door and drag him out of the cell, and down the hallway into a small room. Severe hair lady is sitting at a table tapping her fingers. Marcus sits down across from her.

MARCUS

Who are you and what am I doing here. This is America I have the rights you cant just do this to me you cant just hold me here this is unconstitutional I wont let you do this let me call my lawyer let me-

SEVERE HAIR LADY

SHUT UP!! You are here because you are a suspected to be guilty of aiding the terrorist attack that occurred yesterday in our city. You need to stop talking and just do what I tell you. Let me see your phone. You were seen using your phone during the explosion, so we have reason to believe you have something on there we need to see.

MARCUS

Are you kidding me?? Im 17 years old im not a terrorist!! This has got to be a joke I am not letting you see my phone!!

SEVERE HAIR LADY

This is not an option. You can not choose whether or not we can see it. Give me your phone Marcus.

MARCUS

No!! I am not giving you my phone. I have nothing on there im not a terrorist!! You cant have it.

SEVERE HAIR LADY

You will be sorry if you do not give it to me right now. Give me your phone!!

MARCUS

NO!! let me get a lawyer, im innocent! Im 17 years old my friends were playing a game im innocent!! You cant do this to me!!

Featured: severe hair lady is livid with anger and gives the guards the signal to take marcus away. He is dragged back to his cell.

ACT 4

FEATURED: short flashes of scenes of Marcus being tortured by severe hair lady

Featured: short flash of marcus talking to the guy in the cell next to him

Featured: short flash of marcus getting more and more mad

Featured: short flashes of different prisoners sitting in pain in their cells

Featured: short flash of severe hair cut lady yelling at the guards and yelling in general

Featured: short flash of more torture of other prisoners

Featured: short flash of marcus sitting mad in his cell. Fade out. End scene.

ACT 5

Reveal: Marcus is collapsed in his cell talking to the guy in the cell next to him

MARCUS

I cant take this anymore. We need to finally do something. Remember that idea you had the other day? I know it wasn’t serious, but we really need to do something. I don’t know how much longer I can last here.

OTHER GUY

Do you really think it can work? How are we going to beat them? And her? We are all weak, and they are fine, what if we are the only ones who are willing to do this?

MARCUS

Trust me. Look around. Do you see anyone that looks happy being here? I think everyone here will try anything we ask them to if it means having a chance to get out of here. You spread the word that way, and ill tell people this way, we can do this, we are going to get out of here.

OTHER GUY

Ok your right. We need to get out of here, im sick of this and im sick of her.

MARCUS

Everyone is. She cant do this to us and our friends. we didn’t do anything to be here and she cant do this to us!! This will work. I promise.

Reveal: whispering between cells ensues, and guards show up to take people out of their cells. Many people are taken out of their cells, and marcus s dragged like usual to the room. Severe hair cut lady is very angry and starts to waterboard him. All of a sudden there is a roar outside and the door is bust open and a lot of prisoners rush in and tackle severe hair cut lady and the guards holding marcus’s head in the water.

Featured: severe hair lady is yelling loudly. Everyone is moving and fighting for their freedom and severe hair cut lady and the guards are losing. Fade out. END SCENE

ACT 6

Reveal: marcus is sitting at his kitchen table eating breakfast. His dad is sitting with him and his mom is making food. She brings it to the table. The tv is on showing the news.

TV NOISE

…she was proven guilty after her long trial. She was guilty for going against the government and creating her own practice after not being able to get around the constitution as much as she would like. She blackmailed guards into joining her, and she performed acts of torture on innocent American citizens. She pleaded innocent to all of these treasons, but she was found guilty after enough evidence was found. She is now in federal prison for 40 years without chance of parole.

Reveal: marcus is sitting at the table looking content. Fade out.

END SCENE

No comments:

Post a Comment