Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Machinima Script-Bonnie Given

Here is my website with my screenplay.
For some reason, I can't find a way to link my pdf version here.
I decided to focus on the concepts of over-surveillance, invasion of privacy, and distrust in my screenplay. In Little Brother, Doctorow introduces these prevalent themes by showing how the DHS responds to the teeangers after the bombing of the Bay Bridge. They are watched everywhere they go and they are treated with out respect and as if the are criminals. I decided to use two protagonists, Macey and Tyler who have found themselves caught in unfortunate situations. Macey is caught picking up a cigarette by her mom, who thinks she has been smoking. Her mom makes her go to homeschool and treats her like a prisoner. Tyler falls on another women and the grocery store and his wife thinks he has been cheating on her. She decides to put a tracking device on him to keep track of everywhere he goes. Both characters end up removing themselves from the awful and unfair situations that they are in and actually become friends in the script. Hopefully, the theme I am trying to focus on is shown well in my script and that the characters I have created are unique and interesting to the readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment