Monday, November 30, 2009

Website Questions

1. What is the nature of the scholarly problem or debate to which my project is addressing itself?
The problem I am addressing in my website is the issue of injury within the hotel housekeeping system, and how that affects their personal lives and body.


2. What is the unique contribution that my project makes to that particular problem or debate?
My unique contribution that my project makes is developing an injury prevention plan and using graphic communication tools to address the issue of the problem of housekeeping injuries. For example creating graphic art to raise awareness or reminders, and developing publication with injury prevention steps.


3. What are the conceptual tools that I am employing in my analysis that I have drawn from the class reading?
The conceptual tooks that I am employing are about the cycle of poverty and how the injuries low-wage housekeepers sustain make them choose between working hurt and maybe becoming permanently damaged, or potentially losing their job. Also how that affects to the cycle of poverty.

4. How successful have I been in evoking the lived experience of people doing this work?
I think i've been pretty successful in evoking the lived experience of people doing hotel housekeeping. I discuss the injuries they get and how that affects their work life and personal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment