Sunday, November 22, 2009

Low Wage Hypertext Questions

1. What is the problem or conflict in the scholorly literature that my project is addressing?
The problem my project is addressing is the fact that the severe emotional and personal effects of child care work is constantly overlooked.
2. What is the origninal contribution that my website is making to that specific problem or conflict?
My original contribution is first person accounts that prove the existance of these emotional stressors and how this job effects the personal life of child care workers. I also included my own experience to reinforce this fact.
3. What are the conceptual tools that I am bringing to the analysis from the assigned course reading?
I used the concepts of visibility and not being able to afford what one produces in my website which came from Shipler's "Working Poor." I also included the concept of upward mobility from Ehrenreich's "Nickel and Dimed."
4. Which of the previous websites provided me with the most guidance?
I liked the way that the "Prison Industry" hypertext used the space on the page by putting images next to the text instead of just above or below it. The "Sweatships in the Bay Area" website had clear and informative subtitles which I tried to use in my site as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment