Monday, November 30, 2009

Questions for Research Hypertext

1.) What is the problem or conflict in the scholarly literature that my project is addressing? The problem or conflict in the scholarly literature that my topic is addressing is the division between homeowners and housekeepers in housekeeper employment. I attempt to show how there is often a hierarichal relationship between the worker and the employer. More closely, my project is addressing the difficulties that arise when liberal women employ housekeepers and how they have learned to deal with these difficulties. I hope to show that there are certain ways that housekeepers can in fact be treated with respect, even if they have a much lower social and economic status. 2.) What is the original contribution that my website is making to that specific problem or conflict? The original contribution that my website is making to that specific problem is conflict is interviews from multiple liberal women who have employed houskeepers in the past and still employ housekeepers today. My inteviews reflect both similar and different opinions on the topic and my analysis provides and in-depth look into their answers as a whle. 3.) What are the conceptual tools that I am bringing to the analysis from the assigned course reading? The conceptual tools that I am bringing to the analysis from the assigned course reading is the idea of upward mobiblity from Barbara Ehrenreich's "Nickle and Dimed" and the idea of truly surviving as an American from "Nicke and Dimed" as well as from Shipler's "The Working Poor." Also, I used the idea of replaceability of low-wage workers that I derived from Schlosser's "Fast-Food Nation." 4.) Which of these websites provided me with the most guidance? The website that provided me with the most guidance were the websites from previous classes. I spent a while looking at Lydia Bittle's website because it was very thorough and unique. I used her website regularly while I was working on my Annotated Bibliography and the Review of the Literature. I also used her website to get some design ideas for my hypertext and to help it have a more finished look.

No comments:

Post a Comment